Saturday, August 14, 2010

Last Days Travelling

Well, guys, I'm not going to lie. I'm extremely sad to be done traveling the world. Today was our last full day out of the US (we leave tomorrow afternoon for San Fran) and it's hard to believe the trip is almost over. I'm having some serious second thoughts about what my original post-trip plans were going to be (moving to NYC). I think I'm going to cast a MUCH wider net than I initially planned, but I'm trying to not think about that until I'm back home. It's going to be weird not seeing Jilbo Baggins on a daily basis, too.

Anyway, on to recapping our time in Auckland. This city is pretty cool. Yesterday, we mostly just wandered the streets and then hit up a brewery.

Today, we took a ferry to one of the smaller islands off the main drag. As I've said before on this blog, I really enjoy coastal cities. Devonport is one of those sleepy little towns with a coffee shop and book store on every corner. Jill and I spent a good portion of the afternoon reading and drinking tea. I picked up Robert Cormier's The Chocolate War. I know, I know, you're thinking, "Why are you reading young adult fiction? You practically have one foot in the grave!" Except, Robert Cormier's books are consistently creepy, dark and awesome. I'll probably finish it tonight and then return to The World According to Garp.

We also bought some cheese today. I'm exceptionally excited to try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment